Sunday, 8 January 2017

Want to overcome the Fear of Rejection?

While scrolling down on Facebook , I saw a link to the TEDx video titled
"What I learned from 100 days of rejection" shared by a friend (or cousin to be more precise).
First I ignored it & continued scrolling for some time and then logged out.
The very next day, my father asked me to do something which basically meant to ask something from a person which I was pretty much sure would result in failure.
First I thought to simply say no and accept that I can't convince that person or one can say that was the Fear of Rejection in me.
This reminded me that TEDx video's link and immediately I searched that video.
While watching it, I was just relating my case with that of Jia Jiang's (Speaker in the video) and I was very impressed by the way he overcomes his Fear of Rejection.
Link to video
He completed more than 100 rejection attempts, almost all of which he succeeded and learn something new every time on the website http://rejectiontherapy.com  ( designed by Canadian entrepreneur Jason Comely) later acquired by him,
Some rejections are:
Rejection 2: Request a “Burger Refill”
Rejection 61 – Plant a Flower In Someone’s Yard

About Jia Jiang

Entrepreneur, Blogger, Author, Speaker
His research over this has made several things clear:
  • The world of rejection is a place where the fears from such snubs are much more destructive than we knew
  • However, with insight, rejection can be much less painful than we believed
  • And, that people are much kinder than we ever imagined.
  • So to conclude, "Rejection Therapy is your chance to bust your fear and start your own amazing journey!"
    So after succeeding the task given by my father, I shared this great info with you all! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment